Friday, October 30, 2009

Random Photo + Happy Weekending.


Life is slipping quickly, quietly by. I'm staying busy and learning contentment in all things, doing my part to change those things that I can and trying to accept those things that can't, or won't, be changed...but keeping on praying that they'll change anyway.

Tonight I went to Final Friday with a few friends, the first time I've been in several years. I was secretly hoping to ride the trolley, but it kept coming by at the most inconvenient times, such as when we were nearing our destination. Maybe next month. Walking around the city on the night of a major art event, and on the eve of Halloween, opened my eyes to how very small and sheltered my world has become. The things and people we saw - oh! I loved it.

My Saturday plans were canceled at the last minute, and despite how much I was looking forward to them, I am now looking forward to spending the day working like mad on a few Christmas gifts. Which may be the story of all of my Saturdays between now and Christmas, since I lost track of time and am just now getting started making gifts.

Anyone have any thoughts on good handmade gifts to give men?

1 comment:

BlueCastle said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I just had a second to pop over and "meet" you and I am so glad I did. I will be back. :)

Men are some of the most difficult to make gifts for. My dad is the only one I can make anything for - he likes handkerchiefs embroidered with his initials. Other than that, I am totally lost when it comes to gifts for the male members of our family.