Sunday, June 21, 2009

This is the only picture of me, as a child, with my dad.


At first I was bothered by this, as I sifted through the tubs of photos, searching for one - just one - more. Then, after giving up the search, I stopped to look at the photo with new eyes. And I realized: why do I need hundreds of photos when this one says it all? He looks at me, as I laugh, with so much love you would think I were his first child rather than his fourth. Seeing that transformed the photo from the depressing evidence of being the last child, into something precious: a witness to the happy and loving childhood I was given.

Happy Father's Day, Dad.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Of course, the major reason I was in so few pictures with you kids is that I was usually the one taking the picture!
-- Dad