Saturday, May 16, 2009

Antiquing.

"You should check out the building in back," she said to me as I stepped out onto the porch, clutching my finds. "There's no one back there, but they have some new things in."

That is how I came to be creeping, alone, amongst the desks and chairs and stoves and mirrors piled high in the musty, dusty old building. Amongst all that and the glass display cases filled with fur, and the deer head reclining in a chair, staring, arrogantly watching every move I made.

I stared back. I shivered.

I left.

2 comments:

Eric Hamilton said...

Man. That sounds like the beginning of some creepy horror story. Good thing you had the sense to leave before it got worse!

stitchinmimi said...

Me thinks you are long overdue for a new post! You could write something clever about someone we know who tried to wave at a friend only to hit herself in the face! Pretty funny! Forgot to tell you about that today. Anyway . . . new post please!