Tuesday, June 17, 2008

sunshiny day


in a fit of nostalgia, i very nearly posted a poem that i wrote while in high school. one of the few non-teen-angsty poems that emerged from those years, it was an ode to the sun.

(or something like that.)

fortunately, i came to my senses and, to save my self-respect, decided that surely someone else had said the thing better than my own pimpled self. the french came to my rescue (using a lot fewer words than i had):

"a summer's sun is worth the having."
~ french proverb

p.s. i no longer write poetry. my self respect also required that i point that out.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

i remember writing a poem concerning my favorite pair of shoes at the time (orange converse) many, many years ago... i'd be up for a secret trade of poems, too bad i can't find it!