Tuesday, April 10, 2007

good oblivion

the early childhood special education program that i work with in the afternoons shares its building with a regular preschool, and the hall walls are covered with things that their classes have worked on. one class simply wrote and displayed a list of what each child in their classroom wants to be when he/she grows up. my favorite is the little girl who aspires to be none other than sleeping beauty. that little four-year-old knows what she's talking about. my life is overflowing with blessings, but right now i am so exhausted from inner turmoil, working with tumultuous children, a weekend packed full of social events, and the crummy april weather that it is tempting to put a halt to everything and aspire to be sleeping beauty myself.

and if tonight my soul may find her peace
in sleep, and sink in good oblivion,
and in the morning wake like a new-opened flower
then i have been dipped again in God, and new-created.
~d.h. lawrence

2 comments:

Robbio said...

I like the new brighter you...I just hope I remember to check here!

Julia said...

yea! you're coming away from the dark side! :) the black's depressing to me too. plus, i just like blogger. but that's just me.